Thursday, September 13, 2012

FALL 2012 CLASS SCHEDULE


Okay, let's do this! Thank you everyone who responded/emailed me about my last post.You have no idea how much your words still mean to me. My update on kindergarten is: it is looking brighter! Change is hard no matter what. I think it's nice to see him making some friends, but I am prepared to have this be our transitional year, and take it day by day.
I am ready to teach here soon. Before I post my schedule, I need to let you know of an update in my teaching plan (speaking of a transitional year)... I am coming to Aptos again!!! It is true. I have been given a great opportunity to teach out of a beautiful, newly remodeled building located right in the middle of Aptos. And I am so excited. The actual address of the studio is: 8061 Aptos Street. It is sandwiched in between that adorable pink house and Aptos St. BBQ (used to be "The Bike Station" before they moved to Rancho Del Mar.) I actually was able to watch the remodel of this building take place this past year and know first hand of the care and quality put into it. It has beautiful wood floors, sinks with concrete counters, and even a HEATER! Yes, I am serious. A real heater (it seems like now would be a good time to thank all my faithful artists who have come to me all these years with many layers on to deal with the coldness of a little space heater...thank you!)
Now before I lose all my faithful Santa Cruz peeps, I need to let you know that I will be teaching just a couple classes still in my Santa Cruz Studio. AND that Aptos is just a few exits south from us. I promise, I am not going to the other side of the world. I also should remind you that the La Fonda bridge is out and the freeway is just crazy now for the next year, but I am hopeful things will be improving over the next 6 months (ugh...they did promise this right???)

So, here is the Fall Schedule. Please call me or email me to sign up or with any questions. I am really looking forward to working with you again. I am especially excited with my new classes I will be teaching.


BLUE APPLE STUDIOS FALL 2012 SCHEDULE
Art house for kids
831.588.5412 or kcellison@me.com

MONDAY:
9:30AM-10:30AM: PRE K (4+ years) Taught in Santa Cruz
2PM-3PM: 5-7 years Taught in Aptos
3:30PM-5PM: SMALL WONDERS 6-9 years Taught in Aptos

WEDNESDAY:
1PM-2PM: 5-7 years Taught in Santa Cruz
4PM-5:30PM: SMALL WONDERS 9+ years Taught in Aptos

FRIDAY:
4PM-5:30PM: ADVANCED Taught in Santa Cruz (Artists are working independently on their own work)

ALL 60 MINUTE CLASSES ARE ONGOING AND $75. PER MONTH
Artists will work in a variety of fine art media: watercolor, gouache, colored pencil, oil pastel, soft pastel, tempera paint and acrylic on canvas

ALL 90 MINUTE CLASSES LABELED, “SMALL WONDERS” ARE SCHEDULED AS A 6 WEEK SERIES AND $160. PER 6 WEEK COURSE
Like the description above, artists will work in a variety of fine art media, however our emphasis will be in observation from live subjects brought into class. Artists will be making smaller sized pieces, and working primarily in sketching, gouache and colored pencil on fine papers. Each artist will be painting one canvas in each 6 week course if he/she chooses. There is a theme for each series and it is as follows:

SESSION 1: SEEDS TO FRUIT/BUTTERFLIES, BUGS, FLOWERS AND MORE
Monday: October 1-November 5
Wednesday: September 26-November 7 (Note: NO CLASS on October 31)

SESSION 2: EGGS TO BIRDS/ NESTS, EGGS, BIRDS, FEATHERS AND MORE
Monday: November 12-December 17
Wednesday: November 14-December 19

ADVANCED CLASS (Taught in Santa Cruz) IS $95. PER MONTH

*ALL PRICES INCLUDE SUPPLY FEE.





No comments: