Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Sneak Peak


Well, for those of you who don't know, we have offically moved my studio! (to my backyard of all places.) So same address, but a different building. And, it's beautiful! My husband and brother-in-law gave up most all of their weekends this summer to build this space just for me (and you too!) What can I say? It's perfect and I am humbled by all the work we all put into it. Made of almost all recycled material,including windows, doors, ceiling and floor wood. It is amazing. And already a little broken in. Just how we like it around here. All of it tells a story to me. And now I am sheepishly going back to it and trying to make work myself that proves I am the least bit deserving of it. I don't know what to say about it all, really. It is what I have always wanted. A small little space in the world that was truly all mine. So, classes this year will be out of it. And I hope to see you here soon

1 comment:

Kit Yoon said...

LOVE IT!!!

You are so lucky to have talented live-in carpenters!! Wish I could see it in person...